View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 08:23 PM   #33364
isaac004
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 676
ADV Monster Lights and Giant Loop Mounting Point

Just wanted to share a few mods I had done recently.

First off, I installed some of these eye bolts where the rear foot pegs used to go. They work great for a tie down point for Giant Loop bags (I use a Mojave and a Coyote on mine). Yes, they can hit your ankles a little, but they do not bother me, especially since I ride in big MX boots (Sidi Flex Force).

For reference, I ordered M8x1.25 thread, 13mm thread length. The eye bolt hole inner diameter, while not critical since it's just a nylon strap that passes through, is 20mm.

I also mounted a pair of ADV Monster Model 60 LED lights. One of my buddies install his onto the fork reflector bracket that bolts to the lower triple clamp, but I could not get mine to clear my 2.7 gal Safari gas tank, even after flipping the brackets around. So I decided it would be best to bolt them up to my handlebar guards. This will keep the lights up high, allow them to turn with the steering, and also have a good spread apart so oncoming traffic can see them easier.

The lights come with a heavy duty bracket ($10 extra for heavy duty over normal), and I just had to drill one hole and supply one bolt/nut per side. Wired these up to a relay/fuse to come and and off with the bike.

I have not ridden off road yet with these lights, but when my buddy used them on his WR250R at LAB2V, he said it was incredible. I have used these on my F800GS at night, and I LOVE them. A very bright set of lights indeed.

isaac004 screwed with this post 02-25-2013 at 08:52 AM
isaac004 is online now   Reply With Quote