View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 07:42 AM   #4598
Tripletrouble
Farkle addict

Oddometer: 73
Done a bit of work over the last few days to my MTS.
I've fitted some LED lights that came from Hong Kong along with a TrailTech handlebar switch, Fuzeblock and IQ170 control box.
I then build a small perspex cover to protect the Fuzebox and added another Hella socket and a standard cigarette lighter socket to that cover so I can charge camera batteries and my GoPro spare batteries on the go.

Here's some pics of various aspects of the install. It was a long slog but worth it in my opinion for the convenience and extra light!

I soldered every joint where possible, used waterproof connectors to make removal of the engine bars easy for servicing and generally took my time over the entire install.

The TrailTech switch fits in just nicely here;

This is where I "hid" the IQ170;

I loomed the wires to protect them wherever I could and to make the install look as professional as possible;

The Fuzebox under the perspex cover;

The cover in place to protect everything;

I'm really happy with the end result and am looking forward to some evening rides to try out the lights.

I have programmed them so that with the switch down they are off, mid position the lights are 60% and fully up they are at 100%. They also come on fully with main beam and flash with the main beam.

I thoroughly recommend the Skene IQ controller, it's an excellent bit of kit.
Tripletrouble is offline   Reply With Quote