View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 07:05 PM   #84
dwj - Donnie OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 13,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by def View Post
Donnie,

Don't overthink this gluing step. If I were in your place, I would just get some glue that will tolerate the temperatures that the pulley may see and use accordingly. If you're carrying some JB Weld, I would use it....just a couple of dabs to keep the pulley and HES shutter attached to one another.

I do not speak from experience inasmuch as I have never had the pulley off my 2001 but merely quoting from my REProm and based upon a similar thread I posted in several months back (similar situation...engine was running then not).

The pulley fastener is torqued to 50 nm.

Once you're up and running again, keep us posted as to your location and what you're doing. I would like to travel that part of the world one day. Is the food any good? How 'bout the liquor? Any cute women (other than Liz)?
I was wondering where I was going to get that glue. I actually removed the Hall Sensor about 17 months ago to check the wires, which were fine, the cup and the rotor were not glued together and I have had the moto since it had 28,000 miles.

I have been using SPOT, but I may be dropped, they say they can't use the Debit Card info I gave then to renew, and I know the info is correct. I will repost the link if SPOT is still tracking.

A lot a pretty women down here, but it is difficult to beat beauty and brains!
dwj - Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote