View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 08:19 AM   #30
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 8,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops Motorsports View Post
Not even close. Buy cheap get cheap. About the only thing that is the same is the fact that there are LEDs of in there. Those appear to be 3 watt emitters, Long gone from most US suppliers inventory.
So much goes into a quality LED that the majority don't realize it until they have spent twice as much, after a failure.
Thermal management is the biggest area where the Chinese lights fail to meet the grade of quality.
Perhaps. For the price, I am going to try a pair of these as auxiliary lights on mine 990.

To suppliment the HID On my 450, I am adding one flood and one spot of these lights.

I will report back this spring on how well they work. Yes, I am getting what I pay for. However, for $225 I am setting up two different bikes with supplementary dual LED lights with respectable lumen output. I do not plan on doing a lot of night riding, or racing the Baja 1000, so I expect these lights to be adequate for what I need.

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote