View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 10:09 AM   #60
jackpiner57 OP
Moto-Racks.com

Oddometer: 1,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian V View Post
G'day Tom,

I have an Australian DRZ 400E (which I believe has the S subframe), and I'm wanting to use the side racks to carry fuel, in combination with a Great Basin for everything else.

Do you have any pictures of a bike with the side racks and the Great Basin?

The racks look like they may be too far forward to do this, but if you or anyone else was able to try this combination, it would be much appreciated.

Otherwise, would you be interested in tweaking the brackets to suit?

Cheers,

Adrian
Hi Adrian, I don't have any pictures of A Great Basin on my DRZ-E racks. It's possible it could work though.

The Australian DRZ-E sub-frame is a hybrid. The top portion is like the USA DRZ-S and the lower portion is like the USA DRZ-E. The side racks that I offer will fit the Australian DRZ-E, but it does not utilize the top sub-frame tabs. Therefore, they require the top rack for attachment.

It looks like the Great Basin bag is designed to sit on the rear fender and the lower legs just need something to keep them out of the wheel and off the exhaust. The rear rack might get it the way?

"I sort of realize there's a fundamental truth to our nature. Man must explore." -CMDR. David R. Scott
jackpiner57 is offline   Reply With Quote