9th Place Stage 8, 46th Overall Dakar Rally 2013.............
Ok folks, I've got all my stuff back from South America and have now had chance to resume normal service at home, even if it has gone a bit more mad than normal since returning
Bottom line is, I have a load of finances to sort out as a result of racing the Dakar and want to get everything squared away before committing to anything else. It's too easy to say "yes, I'll go do this" and "yes, I'll do that" and dig the hole even deeper.
It's a super tough decision to make as I know the bike inside out and know it's perfect in every way and is ready for anything. I'm also a little bit attached if I'm honest! Whoever get's it will certainly not be disappointed, I rebuilt the bike from the ground up for the Dakar and it never missed a beat. It's had a ton or work done and it runs perfect, 100% better than when they come from the factory! I also have a full jetting map for altitude & temp that I will hand over with the bike.
Here are a few pictures.......
Before leaving for Le Havre:
Half way through Rally:
Naked bike (trick black frame and lots of black treated parts):
It looks really nice and got many comments for been the best looking bike in the rally with it's bespoke parts and modifications. It's not been banged up like most you see for sale, and I have enough spares to negotiate whatever spares package you might want / be interested in.
The bike will come exactly as it finished the Dakar (only cleaned
). The only exception will be the wheels, it will come with black Talon / Excel wheels, black hubs, stainless spokes and black rims with Braking wave rotors. These are perfect, they are the wheels I used for the 2012 Rally series in the UK. It has loads of trick parts including, Cyril Despres bar end weights and bearing run throttle tube assembly for reduced rider fatigue, full carb vent filter kit, re-routed and protected fuel lines, carb modifications, cycra hand guards, blue hose kit, yada yada.....
Suspension is full OTR as used in the Dakar (with new fork bottoms!!
) can be sprung exactly how you want it, just let me know your weight etc. and we'll get it near before shipping. The engine was a brand new factory engine before the Dakar so has only done Dakar mileage.
Other than the odd scratch and scrape the bike is not bent or twisted in any way. No dents or bashes, if it needed something new on Dakar it got it.
Bike on it's own, with all Nav gear, GPS brackets and wiring etc. (over £1000 worth) just as it finished the race £26,000 GBP
. Genuine offers may be considered, depending on amount of interest and package / spares discussions. I spent thousands preparing the bike not to mention the hours I put into it. Anyone who knows me, knows it will be right.
Extra's negotiable at additional price:
1) Extra Talon / Excel wheel sets (I have 3 additional sets) with wave rotors and cush hubs £700 GBP per pair.
2) Full spare set of bodywork, brand new, all painted in blue and black and bubble wrapped. Everything but fuel tanks. Includes bash plate, rear fender, front low fender, front high fender. £1200 GBP
3) Full set of spare parts, all electrical items, looms, every spare fastener, bolts, electrical connectors, nav gear spares the lot, just about everything all itiniaried and boxed in an orderly way. You name it, I've got it. We'd have to discuss this depending on requirements.
4) Additional spare engine, again negotiable.
5) Klim light weight phase 2 Rally jacket in Blue (one of only 2 made) negotiable (size L). Initially only available to the buyer of the bike. If they don't want it then I may consider selling separately but please don't ask about it until then. I want to give the buyer first option.
No silly offers or time wasters please, genuine interest only. I am happy to ship the bike anywhere in the world so long as the cost of shipping is covered by the buyer. I'm happy to get it to any port or airport here in the UK included in the price and will crate if required. Shipping to USA not a problem.
I'm sad to see it go but needs must. The sooner I square myself up, the sooner I can make a decision on Dakar 2014
For more information or questions or for contact details to call me, please contact me at Lyndon@LyndonPoskittRacing.com