View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 04:16 PM   #86
mas335
xendurist

Oddometer: 1,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by late-apex View Post
Have any of you been on the trail that goes from Cole Rd. in Winston-Salem into Kernersville? If so what can I expect? Also I heard there is a trail that runs from King to Winston-Salem along hwy 52 you can actually see it from the hwy in some spots but I can't find a way in there. Hoping to find some more local trails.
I have ridden the trail along 52 but it has been a while back. There is lots of hills and valleys with several creek crossings at the bottom, it shows just how much grading was done to make 52 as level as it is. The creek crossing banks where badly eaten up thanks to 4 wheelers, they do a lot of damage.

I know how I got there but really don't know the road names. I'm pretty sure one of the ways in and out of that trail was at the rural hall/bethania road at 52.

I also remember the trail feeling real exposed to the highway, like a highway patrol officer was going to meet me at the exit point, I didn't go back. Cables across the trial entrance were set up, it hardly felt like a welcome sign.