View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 04:42 AM   #3593
PWRCRZR
Grumpy Old Bastard

Oddometer: 7,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLizVt View Post

Years ago I was Rally Mistress, and created/organized a few rallies. The high speed pro rallies were a blast. But, I also did some wonderful low key, let's go for a ride, see what we can find, and have a lot of fun doing it, kind of rallies. They were casual, focused on people seeing things and enjoying great roads. I'm thinking about doing a simple form of that.

We can do just like you guys are suggesting, waypoints with destinations, places to stop and look around, fun roads, maybe smaller groups/teams of two or three, with a gathering point in the middle of the day for lunch.

Maybe the same thing after lunch to get back to the campground. My focus would be to take everyone on roads and to places that they normally would never get to see. I could definitely do a dirt road route and a paved road route.

Thoughts and suggestions are welcome!
You know we could almost have a thread dedicated to favorite day trip routes and destinations here in Northern New England..keep the chatter down just post places and route suggestions for others to run
However, I am not complaining because I know that I am probably better today then I will be tomorrow, so I try and enjoy every day as it comes, and stay determined to live well and be appreciative of what I still can do..."Stromsurfer"
PWRCRZR is offline   Reply With Quote