View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 06:55 AM   #50
cross-country

Oddometer: 1,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadracer View Post
I think I'm going to give this a try, but I have a couple questions:

1) Is it going to be disruptive to the real competitors if I take a couple tourists out on the course on Monday the 4th? If we're going to be in the way, I want to skip it.

2) Can anyone identify the "more interesting" segments? We're departing from Rancho Sky Mike in the AM and expecting to be at Alfonsina's that night, so we can't do the whole thing... Is there a particular fun 150mi segment that has truck access at either end?

Thanks!

EDIT: Looking at the map, it looks like it would be pretty easy to do mile 10 - 142 or 142 to the finish. Any suggestions on which is more fun?

I would expect a rough track, deep silt, and A LOT of whoops. If your "tourists" are novice (or better) dirt guys on mx bikes that are prepped well, I think they will be fine. If they are dual-sport guys on KLR, DRZ, ect. on 50/50 dot tires and tubes it will likely turn into a multi-day torture-fest. YMMV

I can't say with certainty that what I'm seeing on the map is stuff that I have personally been on, but I have been on a decent amount of terrain in that area and I don't remember any of it being easy (except for the lake bed).
cross-country is offline   Reply With Quote