View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 09:37 PM   #500
jsalman93
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG6BWS View Post
Im another Berts mega mall hater. Ill never go back to them. Only bought one bike from them, in 07, but Ive been their a few times for parts and service. The parts guys are rude and act like youre wasting their time. Service are the same way, plus theyre not interested in keeping to any kind of a time table unless youre bring some squid bike. Bought my KLR used, dropped it off their for a major service and just a checking over, when I got it back I found so much shit that needed to be fixed on it that basically I paid $400 for an oil change, instead of a 36000 mile service.

Temple City Powersports on the other hand, is an awesome place! Great techs back there. Ive gone their for tires and a couple of small repairs. Have brought my own tires in there on several occasions and they had no problems mounting them for me. For small things, theyre also real good about just getting it done. Had a grip that twisted on my way home from work. It was starting to irritate me so I stopped in, told them what was up, they had one of their techs come out real quick put some glue on it and sent me on my way. No charge. I highly recommend them. Not a huge dealer or shop, but a damn good one.
I completely agree. The techs there are great and won't give you crap if you only need a tire mounted or something, and the sales people there don't hawk over you like they do at Berts. While waiting for my tire to be done. I was looking at some of the new Wee Stroms and literally within 10 seconds a dealer walks over to me and starts talking about their easy financing. I didn't sit my ass down on it yet, and their trying to rape me with one of their deals

On a side note, have you ever been to the TCPS bike nights. Every month they have free food, soda, raffle giveaways (nothing fancy, mind you) and really relaxed, non-branded atmosphere. I have never been to any dealership, big or small, that has that.

2006 Yamaha FZ6
1992 Suzuki Gs500e (in progress)
jsalman93 is offline   Reply With Quote