Thread: Alaska 2013
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 07:56 PM   #53
babarnette
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
If I get to go you can pick what little remains of my brain cells on photo stuff. I'll take my Canon 5DMkIII and the humongous 28-300 lens. Pack my 100 macro for close up shots. You'll see me on the only bike I have, my '13 KM 500 EXC that I currently am racing.... A fabulous bike! Does everything. Even made the White Rim Trail in Canyonlands seem like a walk in the park. Not a Gold Wing for comfort on long highway stretches, though. If I am stopped along the road I'm not broken down. I'm giving my butt a break.

Stu
Hey Stu, I heard that that KTM needs the oil changed every 15hrs is that true? How does the bike do on the highway? I'm desperately trying to get a tiger 955i before this summer and I want a smaller street legal bike for more dirt oriented stuff. I'm getting a little old for these long trips on the XR650L, plus I want to get my wife into motorcycling. Also, it looks like I'm going to be in Anchorage at the end of March for a job interview. Here is a new video I put together from my trip up there last year. Notice the busted up ice at the edges of the water at 5:01. From 8:36 - 9:13 I was riding through semi-frozen glacial silt on top of frozen hard-pack. That is by far the slickest toughest stuff I've ridden through. Bike just did not want to go.

babarnette is offline   Reply With Quote