View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 02:54 AM   #30
schattat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,408
Quick update. Got the bike done Wednesday, when we also dropped it off for transportation to Tunisia.

One we go! Since I'm running both front and rear tanks, I obviously need a fuel tap to switch between the two sources. This little unit it standard on quite a few Yamahas and costs used under 40€ (not like the KTM model for a few hundred €'s).

I then fabricated this little bracket...

To be able to mount the little bugger on the 2 screws that hold the lid of the electric starter gear:

Meanwhile, Ed was updstairs in the living room completing his ride with the help of my brother, Tim:

Flexy bars for him:

10L rear Safari tank plus 13L up ront, let's hope it's enough for the 2-stroke

Back to my bike. The left rear tank was still unmounted. It mount to the stock location of the radiator catch tank on top:

and a bracket that goes through the chain roller:

The top side of the tank has a bracket fitted that is fixed in place by rubber grommets:

The bottom side has threads welded inside:

Neat fix:

View of both tanks:

To help get the fuel to the carb, I needed a fuel pump. Only good solution is a vacuum type from a Yamaha XT. Yet again, I fabricated the necessary bracket on the left:

Fixes nicely to the stock location of the reg/rec:

Since I was in a rush after all these parts there aren't many pics unfortunately, but here is the end result:

I couldn't finish the side part of the fairing in time, so it's just the front face on there. We'll think of it as saving weight

And finally the box is all sorted. I stuffed my boots in there to save some weight in my luggage when flying down:

See you in a few then guys, Jenny will keep you guys posted and I may chime in given the chance

Yamaha WR450F Rallye Spec

schattat screwed with this post 03-01-2013 at 05:15 AM
schattat is online now   Reply With Quote