View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 03:42 AM   #7
farqhuar
Lone Wolf

Oddometer: 1,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhicheverAnyWayCan View Post
Eric,

Would you please kindly share with us how you were able to get visa in Vietnam and give us as much details such as how you were able to find yourself a guide and etc.

It is to my understanding that for quite some years, Vietnam were not letting anyone inside Vietnam until very recently. A couple riding a harley-davidson electric glide was able to get in Vietnam with a guide at very last minute with good success so I am curious to compare your procedure vs their procedure.

This would be greatly appreciated by the ADVrider community! :-)

Looking forward to your riding report!
Bit of confusion there Whichever. No difficulties whatsoever for anyone to get a Vietnam visa, the hard part is getting a foreign registered bike in and out of Vietnam. For all intents and purposes it is practically impossible so I wouldn't bother expending much energy pursuing it further.

By comparison, Eric arranged to rent a bike in Vietnam and is now travelling around inside the country. I've done this myself twice in the past 5 years, most recently 3 months back. Great fun, very cheap, but quite dangerous for those unfamiliar with Asian road rules and congestion.

farqhuar screwed with this post 03-01-2013 at 03:44 AM Reason: typo
farqhuar is offline   Reply With Quote