View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 05:23 AM   #11
gravityisnotmyfriend OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSF View Post
Nice bike, good luck with the rebuild. Looks great so far. Painting a seat seams like a terrible idea, like something someone would do to make the bike look pretty to try and sell it for top dollar.

Any chance you could post some larger pics?
yeah, I've come to that conclusion myself. The seat was recently recovered by the PO. The vinyl is in great shape - so it seemed silly to rip it off and reupholster it. I found this Duplicolor product that is marketed to repaint vinyl seats:

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/vinylFabricCoating/

For a $4 can, I thought it was worth a try. Mostly, it worked. But, there are places that the seat cover folds over itself when I sit on it. The paint has come off those parts. So, it was worth a try, but I'll probably end up having a professional recover it - just not white.

Here's what it looked like for a couple of months after painting the seat:

The picture thing is a bit annoying. Photobucket has been resizing my pics. I may have to look at host my pics somewhere else.You do know you can click on them to make them a little bigger, right?

gravityisnotmyfriend screwed with this post 03-01-2013 at 05:50 AM Reason: added painted seat pic
gravityisnotmyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote