View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 07:38 PM   #22
bogieboy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grreatdog View Post
I agree with bogieboy. There is a lot more than air moving around in your crankcase. It is actually pretty tight in there. So what little oil collects gets squished, flung and generally misted by the crank. Then it ends up being burned with the air charge. IIRC my old KE125 auto lube pumped oil straight into the crankcase. But even the BRP direct injected Etec outboards simply pressure lube the bearings then whatever little oil that collects gets misted and burned. So that Ossa injecting oil into the crankcase seems perfectly rational to me because my first bike did that almost forty years ago.
Yes, the ke125 used the same system. Pumped oil right into the crankcase at the rotary valve, in addition to pumping straight to the crank bearings, as i already said...LOL i was shocked how little room there is when i cracked open the cases on my f11, which uses the same autolube system...realistically the only open space in the cases is the underside of the piston, and the space in front and back of the con rod.
bogieboy is offline   Reply With Quote