View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 04:23 AM   #2
jdub
Dawg bytes reel gud

Oddometer: 1,628
JC - Sorry to read about the issues you've encountered. Maybe I'm lucky, but I've never had any trouble with the rubber bushing that the tank's front slots slide on and off of (your first picture), and wonder why exactly the dealer applied lock-tite to those threads? Is that supposed to be a recall or something? I've never had any reason to mess with those nuts.

I've just had my '07 GSA's tank off and back on again for some winter maintenance in my workshop and the bushings and the mount bolts (your third picture) on both sides all still worked fine. Cross-threading those bolts is always a distinct possibility, so I always take my time to line up them up before I start wrenching them in. I just slide the tank forward back onto the bushing on each side, then maneuver the tank up/down/forward/aft as necessary to line up the bolt hole on each side and then get both bolts started before tightening either of them.

If you've had trouble getting the hole alignment before due to the washers at the bushing, your grinding on the washers to make more clearance should do the trick.
jdub is offline   Reply With Quote