View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #1579
AntiHero OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 833
Have a new long-distance setup, too. Michael at Britkit (exclusive US distributor of Kriega luggage & packs) sent me out an R30 backpack just because he's a super cool dude and loved that I was living out of the Kriega US 20 for the entire trip. He also couldn't stand that I was using an inferior backpack that was about as waterproof as my jeans. So when I got to my 'permanent' home, this bad boy was waiting.

Only problem was I was in NorCal with killer new waterproof/bombproof backpack and my bike was in SoCal. The separation didn't last very long. The neoprene helmet cover Michael sent made flying on Southwest with my new Shoei (finally ditched the Bell) a pleasant and professional experience. And it kind of made me feel like I was carrying Darth Vader's head through security.

The backpack has a pretty slick harness system that snaps in quite positively--and takes a lot of the weight off of your shoulders:

The straps are made from a firm, comfortable padding, the added reflectors increase visibility and probably the best thing is that there aren't a bunch of straps that flap and slap around when you're doing 90.

Here's the US20 (Doc Martin's inside) and R30 Pack (that's my Revit Jacket and some other shit stuffed into there) mounted and ready for battle in LA traffic. (Note the way the backpack rests on the tail bag--means that the bike is carrying the load, not your upper body.)

I can't say enough great things about Kriega gear. Clearly these guys get it--they live and breathe motorcycles and travel gear. You can see it in every latch, zipper (ahem, Heroic!), strap and seam. And the fact that they sent me a few hundred dollars worth of gear goes to show ya that these guys are simply cool motherfuckers, too. They ain't in the business just to make a buck. They make products that have to be completely dependable, reliable, impervious and versatile.
AntiHero is offline   Reply With Quote