View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 06:13 AM   #125
BigDogAdventures OP
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRider View Post
I'm about two weeks late, and $100 short.. Just found this RR Mark.
I never look in Day Trippin'. I was following your spot tracker, and noticed you came back into the US pretty quickly.
Now I know, "the rest of the story". Glad to hear Dingweed is already back riding.
When you go back in April, are you going to ride that same pass where Scott got hurt? That's some rough stuff, even without loaded down bikes!
Baja is much different than I thought. Looks great. Someday... For now its work work work..
Yes Scott is doing good--------me and Scott are not going back to Baja this April------we are planning on joining the Mobius riders for their first ride this year. I bet we hit Baja again this early winter.

I understand your statement that Baja was different than you thought--------I just had visions of flat sand.

It is very mountainous----and they are tough mountains------for the ordinary traveler (car or road bike)---there are few places to get over those mtns.-----------and they run the length of Baja-----------I had no idea the first time I went. Where those mountains get close to the coast----it is so rugged that there are no roads.YOu have to go around them.

Still------you need to have you "sand" game on

I don't think we'll take that same route where Scott got hurt----------I know of another way out of Mikes Sky Ranch--------although I've never rode it--------------I think it is way easier. It was rally dangerous in there----a worse injury or getting stranded would have been easy to do. I would have been struggling on an unladen dirt bike---so you can imagine how harder it was packed down. But-------------were old !!!!

BigDog
KTM 690 Enduro 2014
If your bike weighs more than 400lbs. You might not make it.

BigDogAdventures screwed with this post 03-03-2013 at 06:19 AM
BigDogAdventures is offline   Reply With Quote