Guess who got their hands on the new R1200GS (a.k.a. "der Wasserboxer")?
Holan has picked up a brand new 2013 R1200GS and is already hard at work building the prototype Nomada Pro pannier system, as well as many other parts. Watch this space for more info on the upcoming parts line for the newest GS, including:
- Pannier systems, both symmetrical with exhaust cut, as well as asymmetrical
- Two different models of crashbars
- Top case plate
- Two different sizes of luggage racks
- Headlight protectors
- Mounting brackets for auxiliary lights (Hella Micro DE)
- GPS adapter
- Stock handlebar crossbar
- Manifold tube cover
- Oil cooler guard
- Aluminum cylinder guards
- Kickstand extension
- ...and lots more!
A quick picture of the test bike sitting on the showroom floor....
Here a few early pictures of the system - these show the natural/aluminum panniers with optional black powdercoated lids. The system really fits tight to the bike to maintain the narrowest profile (see below):
Preliminary system width measurements for the symmetrical Pro system (with exhaust cut) are as follows....
- 2 x 31L Nomada Pro panniers - 82cm, or 32.3"
- 2 x 38L Nomada Pro panniers - 90cm, or 35.4"
- 2 x 45L Nomada Pro panniers - 98cm, or 38.6"
To put this in perspective....the stock handlebar width is about 99cm, so a set of 45L panniers will still fit within the handlebar width!
As with all Holan pannier systems, the weld and powdercoating quality is first rate. Standard systems will still come with powdercoated black steel racks and natural/aluminum panniers, with stainless racks, powdercoated panniers (black or gray), and powdercoated lids all available as upgrades. Preliminary pricing for a standard system (black racks / aluminum panniers) is:
- 2 x 31L Nomada Pro panniers - $1,069.99
- 2 x 38L Nomada Pro panniers - $1,084.99
- 2 x 45L Nomada Pro panniers - $1,099.99
I will have the systems available on our site for pre-order this week, and will keep this thread updated with more pictures and info about the pannier systems and other parts as they come available. Any questions, please feel free to PM or email me at sales AT advmotorrad DOT com.