Here is the article
you were talking about.
Some things to remember,
1. It was early in the cycle for drilling in this area.
2. $700 x 85,800 is $60M, not $949M
3. Once the land was leased, $185M was invested to drill wells a prove production.
4. Some of the land was leased from private owners not the tribe.
5. Reservation is 988K acres with 458K acres owned by individual tribal members and the tribe.
Some red flags:
1. "favorable business climate for native owned businesses"
2. Awarded without auction