View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 09:55 PM   #77
romafras OP
world traveler

Oddometer: 177
This morning I started my journey from Victoria BC to the USA. I could not believe it when I saw the sign for highway #101 west – the journey has started! I rode east traveling from Italy to Japan; now riding west and south made me rethink of all the kilometers done so far. When I started to re elaborate all my adventures, I thought about Mongolia, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Russia. The different cultures I have travelled through are all individually unique, it is astounding to think that I am finally traveling in the U.S.A. It is also a bit strange for me to start the American continent heading south toward our new project of helping children without Matteo. In his mind, I am famous for constantly forgetting or loosing some of my belonging along the way. Well guess what….. after only 75 KM from Port Angeles WA, I stopped to put my rain gear and forgot my first pair of sunglasses on the side of the road – I really need my riding partner soon, I miss him, but Matteo will meet me in Colombia. The ride down was freezing, I don’t remember the last time I was ever this cold in my entire life. I should have listened to my fiend Lee when he advised me to get a heated jacket, but of course I did not. There was freezing rain almost the all way, it was bitter and wet, but it was an absolutely amazing ride. # 101 is fantastic so far. I Left Victoria on the 10.30 AM ferry to Port Angeles WA, therefore I did not have a very long day riding since I make my number one rule not to drive at night. For the evening I found a little motel in the town of Raymond WA. and plan on going to bed early and make up for some road in the morning.