View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 05:27 AM   #42
kantuckid
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by colomtnbiker View Post
Interesting reply Kantuckid. I'm only 62 and still one of hippie kids. I've worked hard all my life, had a lot of fun on the way, got lost a few times on some fun drugs, raised great responsible kids and now I have grandkids and last night my 60 year old wife told me she was ready to ride south of the border one more time and this time for 6 months and she rides her own.
What I found interesting about your reply was your bi-line
'If I had my life to live over,I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up.I'd be sillier than this trip, take fewer things seriously, I would take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream'
So when you bark at someone, read your bi-line and limber up.
I'm pretty limber , thank you . I just have to admitt that when I was on my way to work in KS for many years as I watched the hippies camping along the hwys & on their way to CO & on west and wondered what part of the load of society they were pulling? Thats not to say that many didn't go on to lead productive lives and not a drain on the rest of us that chose to work . My byline is another guys words that sound good in that he would have traveled more & lacking the ability to ask a dead guy to change his thoughts I'll leave them intact. I guess I need to take out the make more mistakes, be silly part, be less serious part?
FWIW, as a rider since 1963 I've had my share of fooling around in certain ways. Based on previous life activities I'm quite happy to be around for my GK's too.
When I was a kid I was around lots of hobos as lived near RR yards & frequented the river nearby where we set lines,fished & hunted. They lived off the fat of the land pretty much like hippies in the 1960's, only working as needed to get by move on. Enjoy your trip south, w'eve already been down there once this winter. My 63 year old wife doesn't ride a MC but likes her mtn bike. Also pretty handy with a hoe! Hillbillys tend to be "work brickle"-if an old hippie understands such language?
"If I had my life to live over,I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up.I'd be sillier than this trip, take fewer things seriously, I would take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges, at age 85
kantuckid is offline   Reply With Quote