View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 08:03 AM   #21248
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlewis View Post
In a pinch I would definitely use this clamp + a glob of jbweld, zipties and some tape.. but I'm not so looking to do something permanent.

Hey Eddy, did you take Gabriel out to Charles City track on the little KTM?
I did. He loves what he describes as "soft landings and not being bounced around hard." Now when he comes down from being airborne, you don't hear a loud "CLUNK" from the rear end bottoming out. He split his time between the KTM and PW. He still needs a lot of time to get used to the height, power and disc front brake. I kept telling him to squeeze softly but he is used to the tiny drums on the PW. He tucked the front end a few times by jamming on the front brake mid turn. I think it really surprised him when he got ham fisted with the throttle and the rear end broke loose 12" to the left. I took some pictures but need to post later, busy right now...

P.S. Put some knobbies on this thing increase the range and that would be cool! Dual sporting with A/C/heat, a kicking stereo and no helmet!
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/...ntcmp=features

Boon Booni, that was SCARY! So glad he's okay but when he looks around and says "WTF? Where's my bike?" I must admit that I laughed out! It could have been so MUCH worse...Maybe it's the time working in the ER, but I always think to myself when I am a very rural area "Where is the nearest trauma center and could a helicopter get to me here?" Fortunately, he had a SPOT and activated it...

Eddy Alvarez screwed with this post 03-04-2013 at 11:17 AM Reason: Eye kant spell whel
Eddy Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote