View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 08:18 AM   #14
ERIC DN OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 416
The bike 250 XR BAJA:

They are imported from Thailand, where I believe they are assembled. Vehicles over 125cc are overtaxed to 100%. They are worth about 5 - 6000 which $ so in Viet Nam it comes at $ 12,000, it hurts the ... . This is why mainly renters are equipped. For spare parts is the same and not easy to obtain.
It is fit to the Viet size, ie low enough. The fork is small diameter with a clearance not very important, as rear shock. it looks like a frame 125,

Unlike with my 400XR, my feet touched well the ground And not just tiptoe. It is very much confortable, I'm not used. ( Hey tall guy, you don't have merit with your long legs, it is much more hard for us, small bikers to do off road ;-)).

They are equipped with starter and kick ( the magic button is realy useful), I think they are mounted with a ratio rather long (I took 120 km/h on the gps and I cut before the end), she turned and started up pretty good. Consumption reduced approx 3.5l, with gas at $ 1). Rear brake almost nonexistent and front brake no more. Equipped with Chinese tires as hard as wood, they get out the gripsters and inflated to the max (I explained the usefulness of the gripster, they did not know).

.When it's wet, with these tires, their tracks become like "Holiday on ice"

Therefore loaded (I was traveling light anyway, a waterproof bag and a small backpack, 15 kg max) with this fork, rear shocks, tires, and standing up on the pegs not very comfortable (I understand now the guys who want handlebar extensions) your are rapidly calmed with gas, on wet surfaces and a little bumpy, it is back to the roots, no other Olhins and upside down fork, here it feels the ground.

Regarding the engine, no problem she turned like a clock and did not consume oil. . Just one small issue, the chain was banging on the swingarm, the protection was replaced by a bicycle tire and was eaten ( African style fixing. considering the price sold here 60 piece of plastic). Last but not least ........ horn very powerful. On the road she was really playful and tires grip as well and as we made ​​a lot of passes with lots of turns and curves, I enjoyed myself.

ERIC DN is offline   Reply With Quote