Old 03-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #2877
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

Oddometer: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
I put together a little video ...

https://vimeo.com/57096350
I enjoyed your video; that was an awesome 12 months of riding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terraunbound View Post
Thanks for sharing your trip! That is some amazing clay gunk. Back when I would drive my little baja through Texas mud I had a special screwdriver dedicated to prying out the clay from the tires, wheel wells, etc.

Nice looking jacket too - that 4th season in a jacket is hard to get just right.
I rode about 6 hours this past weekend with the Santiago, with temps in low- to mid-40's F. This time I added a wind/water layer in addition to the Primaloft. Not gonna try that again! The only way this jacket would work for me for winter, sans an electric liner, would be for me to have bought the bigger size in order to have room for thick-enough layers. Then I would've needed to wear it over a pressure suit in summer to take up some of the room. So I'm going to stick with my Teknic Sequoia for winter and save the Santiago for warm weather riding.