View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 12:34 PM   #78
rdcamp
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
I'd be down. As my R80 really isn't suitable to play with the KLRs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny-wolcott View Post
I see that there might be an interest in a pavement ride option. If so, I'd be happy to lead, BUT:

Group size - no more than 6 bikes.
Bike types - Sport bikes, sport tourers, GS types, Supemotos, sporty standards, etc. Sorry, but cruisers and big tourers would not be comfortable.
Gear- Full protective gear (full face helmets, leather or fabric protective riding suits, boots, gloves) No Levis, sneakers.
Tires - Good condition. Plan on 300-400 miles of fast riding, possibly more depending on the group.

I ride in a spirited, but not over-the-top manner. I cruise at anywhere up to 70 MPH (75 on your speedo 'cause its off by 10%). The NYSP gives you 15 over the limit before ticketing. Can't vouch for sheriffs or locals. I DO pass on the double yellow if conditions are comfortable. If this makes you nervous, don't join us.

General rules: Basically as stated in the old Motorcyclist article titled "The Pace" by NIck Ianatsh. NO racing. Smooth but quick.Stay in you lane (or consider it a crash). If you don't like to ride behind whoever's in front of you, reposition at a stop. You're responsible for the rider behind you. If you lose him, wait for him, etc. The next rider up should do the same for you. Regroup at all road changes.

If you're comfortable with all this, I'll lead you on some great twisty paved roads through several counties.

Ride is cancelled if it rains.

Of course, all this has to meet with Fran's approval.
rdcamp is offline   Reply With Quote