View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #62
Hoonatic Ty OP
TEN660

Oddometer: 96
Take Off To Tassie

After a 3 whole days I couldn't wait any longer, Hydro was cool about taking as much time to heal as possible but I wanted to get going. I had got away without to much injury but my shoulder was going to need some care and protection.

My dad had somehow secured some BMW corparate tickets through a mate of his to the first round of the World Superbikes at Phillip Island. The offer was there and as the pair of us had never been to see the bikes race live and "The Island" was definitely on our bucket list. Each day I was laid up was eating into our other island of Tasmanias time frame of 2 weeks. Armed with pain killers, anti-inflammatories and the extreme urge for more motorbike adventure we rode off for Port Melbourne from Geelong.

Riding into the Port area before boarding the Spirit of Tasmania. Due to our low speeds on the bikes as we rode in, you can clearly hear us talking on the helmet intercoms. Click to watch.
Riding in to board the Tassie ferry.

The bikes starting to assemble.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

The Spirit of Tasmania being loaded with truck trailers.

Getting close to the vessel in the processing line up. Hydro, a little nervous, "we're going on the big ship Ty, it really happening, we're off to Tassie!"

Riding onto the Spirit of Tasmania, be aware of the sometimes slippery deck, a Harley rider went down metres after riding on. Click to watch.
Riding onto the Spirit of Tasmania

Now we were off to Tasmania. Awesome!
Hoonatic Ty is offline   Reply With Quote