View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 05:37 AM   #20
gravityisnotmyfriend OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 947
I didn't notice any play - but didn't look for it either. I'll give it a good look tonight.

The shop manual sure makes it look like I have a cush hub. The Austrian translation of dämpfergummi is "drive rubber". Close enough!

Most of my parts came in yesterday. Hopefully I can get some time in the garage tonight to start putting her back together. The only thing I don't have are the bulbs for the instrument cluster. I've found them in a few places - but I can't get my 4 itty bitty 1000 hr incandescent bulbs for less than about $30.

I can either order them from China in packs of 10 for $.50/piece and pay $30 shipping or I can order them from Cheap Cycle parts for $4/piece and pay $10 shipping. Either way feels like a rip off! The same bulb is used in some Yamahas. I'll see if I can find them that way. Maybe there's a dealership that carries them around here.

I'm really considering converting the whole mess to LEDs. It wouldn't be any cheaper - but at least I'd never have to replace burnt out bulbs.

gravityisnotmyfriend screwed with this post 03-05-2013 at 05:44 AM
gravityisnotmyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote