View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 07:45 AM   #41
johnsonal OP
avenger of all evil

Oddometer: 103
Day forty six: 3-1-13
Woke up and headed to a waterfall that we heard you could swim into a cave system behind.

The waterfall was awesome but right when we got there it started raining. So we hiked around a bit and headed back to D&D. Now this was the first rain I have seen in 46 days and the oil-covered roads became an ice skating rink. I didn’t wear any of my gear so I had to take it really slow on the ride home. Then we decided rather than wait it out we would try to ride ahead of it so we hit the road. Only rained for ˝ hour or so then it got really hot toward the pacific side of Honduras. We pulled into the border town of Cholutecca and found a hotel.

Day forty seven: 3-2-13
This is the traffic you run into in Honduras. I couldn't pull my clutch while holding my camera and ended up killing the bike.

The crossing into Nicaragua was shit! The road was 50 miles of potholes eight inches deep. And not the fun potholes you can dodge around and make a game of, shithole potholes that are unavoidable. Then the kids at the border just wont leave you the fuck alone, and not in a sad way, in a get the fuck out of here way.

We finally got to Leon and found a pretty awesome hostel and partied with a guy, Barry, who we met from New York. The beer, hostel, smokes, everything is CHEAP in Nicaragua. I like it here. Their motto should be “Nicaragua, better than it looks”.

Day forty eight: 3-3-13
Woke up hung over in Leon and hit the road. Staying another day here would have been nice but we wanted to get to San Juan del Sur and relax for a few days before heading to the awesome volcano island in the middle of Lake Nicaragua. The ride was shit. A bunch of potholes combined with the road suddenly turning back and fourth to dirt. Then when we finally hit good pavement, about 70 miles later, the wind picked up heavily and started blowing us all over the damn road!

But we made it, found a hostel and grabbed some seafood happy to be back on the beach after being inland for some time now. Andy didn’t feel to well but I celebrated with some rum and cokes. The wind continued to howl throughout the night as I laid in bed hoping the hotel wouldn’t blow over.

johnsonal screwed with this post 03-05-2013 at 07:54 AM
johnsonal is offline   Reply With Quote