View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #177
Romanousky OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 541
After a night of this:

The michaladas changed color here. Now I have to figure out this recipe as well.

Woke up rather hung over. Grabbed the typical Nicaraguan fare of gallo pinto (brown rice with pinto beans) and added some eggs to make it a breakfast. I am really loving the prices in this country. I wish I was here longer to make up for some of the other areas.

Heading for San Juan del Sur out of Leon the road quickly turned to shit…which was perfect. For the most part is was 300 yards of concrete and then 100 yards of gravel/dirt/pot holes/etc…. It went on like this for probably 25 miles until we neared Managua at which point it became decent pavement again (reclaiming the CA-1).

Out of Managua the wind started blowing like crazy. I was watching Al in the mirror and he is tilted at about 15 degrees just to maintain equilibrium. The light bikes were literally getting blown all over the road. Then we got flagged down by the traffic police.

I strongly considered not stopping but they were just releasing a car and I was a bit curious how all this would work out. Just checked for license, import papers, & insurance and then let us go. The darker skinned man that “helped” me was rather rude and not a happy individual at all. Probably because I had my paperwork together so no steak dinner tonight for him. The lighter skinned guy that helped Alex was real nice, very interested in the motos, and posed for a picture. Then I busted a wheelie upon departure in front of them and the dark skinned guy glared while the other gave thumbs up with a big smile on his face. To each his own huh?

We've seen one driver dump his load on the highway and with the height of this setup I thought I might get a photo that was priceless.....there is always tomorrow.

The rest of the trip (80 miles or so) we were blown around on the road like rag dolls. Even passed a good number of wind towers. Pulled into San Jorge just to check the ferry schedules and get a feel for the area before returning later in the week. Unorganized shit show provided little information so we took off to San Juan del Sur.

We stayed at Rositas & Joxis on a tip from an uncle in law that I have never met. Nice little hostel just a block from the beach.

Romanousky is offline   Reply With Quote