View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 01:23 PM   #178
Romanousky OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 541
Really wanting to do some sport fishing we hit the town looking for information. Unfortunately due to the extreme winds all the warm water has been pushed out to sea and the fishing isnít worth a damn. Maybe a booze cruise then?

Had some lunch and michaladas.

Then Al picked up a bag of ice for his rum & cokes.

I really really really want one of these things:

I'm not going to get into why the states won't import small diesel pickups but I'm sick of it!

Alex did laundry while I went for some offroading north of town to the next few beaches. First I had to fix some where spots on my tank. The unibiker rad guards contact the tank in a few spots....I had some leather JB-welded to the tank but somewhere tore off along the way. I got some guatemalan 2-part epoxy and stuck on some pesos, quetzals, and one nicaraguan coin for wear protection. I really like that this epoxy comes with a stir stick and small surface for mixing.....JB should look into it.

Pretty decent riding and some beautiful secluded beaches known for their mild tubes for beginner surfers.

Along the side of the dirt road this guy was not getting a lot done.

Cool bridge for foot traffic on the other side of town.

On the way back I drove up the hill with the statue of Christ overlooking San Juan del Sur.

Took the wrong road and found a helipad next to a big house.

Then went and did what I do bestÖ.two for one mojitos and dollar cervezas. Still not real hot on Nicaraguan cuisine.

Romanousky is offline   Reply With Quote