View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 10:21 PM   #80
mbravo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineGuerrilla View Post
That sounds very promising! So that means I can just ride there without any special permits or the like? I am planning a trip there for this summer.
I remember that there was a checkpoint about 70km before the norwegian border - that's before the turnoff to Rybachy. Is it that checkpoint which has been removed?

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but this RR deserverd a bump anyway.
As of last year, it worked like this: at Titovka, there IS a checkpoint, but it is just that, a checkpoint. They do check your documents, so you should have *some*. That is, doesn't matter if you are Russian or a foreigner - show valid ID and you're free to go, onwards towards Kirkenes or turning right onto the Sredny and Rybachy, they don't care.

I'm just about to post up an RR about my ride to Rybachy from last summer with a bunch of BMW riders.

While I'm at it, excellent video from your northern trip throughout Russia and Scandinavia :) you rode quite close to where I live (about midway between St.Petersburg and Vyborg), even if in transit. If you will be passing St.Petersburg this year, feel free to drop me a PM.
mbravo is offline   Reply With Quote