View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 02:01 PM   #10
DoktorT
BigBrowedNeandereer

Oddometer: 1,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjeans View Post
I was thinking a list of good places to aim for while traveling through Oregon would come in handy, so i'll start with summer lake hot springs, it's a few miles out of Paisley and is a greatplace to end a long riding day, you can camp or rent a cabin and the cowboy bath house is the shit for a good soak.
Late July in Salem could be 85 to 100. Lots of places to cool off in the mountains. Coming from the south it starts with Crater Lake. Then perhaps 6 or 8 passes over the Cascades between there and Salem, any of which are greater than great bike roads and full of campgrounds and resorts. Detroit Reservoir is just an hour or so E of Salem. Take any road through the Cascades from Mt. Shasta north or Mt. Baker south, opportunities abound for bike camping.

Did I mention the coast?

And know this. The Oregon Dept. of Transportation has published an Motorcycling Map of Oregon. Yes, dedicated to showing all the prime roads and camps and resorts and such, for Motorcycling Tourists. Free from the Dept, or perhaps from your local travel agency. Do get one at the first OR rest stop tourist kiosk when you hit it. Sould be a plenty available at the Rally.
DoktorT is offline   Reply With Quote