View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #6901
alansz400
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrady1982 View Post
Hey guys thanks for all the replies...

So how do you do a "fly and ride" legally? I don't think that you can get temporary tags at the BMV for a motorcycle that you do not have the title for, can you? From what I have been researching, it looks like to be legal you would have to do a trailer or truck and ride. Meaning go up to the bike with a truck or a can with a trailer and bring the bike home that way. I don't know.

I am looking for a BMW R1150GSA or R1200GSA, I am kind of set on the adventure model, becuase I am 6'4" so I think that bike would fit me better. Do any of the locals have any experiece or thoughts about the seat height difference between the GS and the GSA?

It seems like there are some ok deals right now for R12GS's and GSA's.

Basically if I buy it from out of state, get that title notarized at all costs.... And get a recepit for ~$250 no matter how much it cost! jk

Thanks!
-Jack

I was "that guy" who back in 2009 bought a 1986 Honda XL6R with no title, and after about 4 months was able to get a title for that sucker. I had to file a "petition" with the Court of Common Pleas in Cuyahoga County and everything, go before a magistrate, got a parking ticket. The magistrate person wanted my evidence that the PO lost the title and that it was not stolen, I told him that I wrote him multiple times and got no response. He agreed and sent me the paperwork to get it inspected to make sure that it was not stolen. Got the bike inspected at the state highway partol, once it "passed" took those papers to the title bureau over at like 480 at Broadway...I think, to get a title for it. The next weekend went and got the plates. I don't think that you can do that anymore, but I may be wrong. I had to do a total frame off restoration so I had the time to wait for the title non-sense to go through. Quite a process though.

Save yourself all the hassle and buy the 1200GS in Wooster. http://www.motorcyclesohio.com/bmwpreowned.html I looked at it saturday and have been dreaming about it since. It has a ton of nice parts.
alansz400 is offline   Reply With Quote