View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 06:15 PM   #6906
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 5,114
Good to know, I just found a nice 350XCF in Pa for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrady1982 View Post
I was "that guy" who back in 2009 bought a 1986 Honda XL6R with no title, and after about 4 months was able to get a title for that sucker. I had to file a "petition" with the Court of Common Pleas in Cuyahoga County and everything, go before a magistrate, got a parking ticket. The magistrate person wanted my evidence that the PO lost the title and that it was not stolen, I told him that I wrote him multiple times and got no response. He agreed and sent me the paperwork to get it inspected to make sure that it was not stolen. Got the bike inspected at the state highway partol, once it "passed" took those papers to the title bureau over at like 480 at Broadway...I think, to get a title for it. The next weekend went and got the plates. I don't think that you can do that anymore, but I may be wrong. I had to do a total frame off restoration so I had the time to wait for the title non-sense to go through. Quite a process though.
Wow, all I had to do in Stark was submit my Plea, fee and a letter from Columbus that the bike wasn't titled in Ohio, 24 hours later I got a call to pick up my approved paperwork.

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote