View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #30
R-dubb OP
Dubbious Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prutser View Post
What spring number did they use R-dubb ?
As you may know EPM is the US dealer for Hyperpro. Klaus originally sent me a single rate spring with the YSS. It was too soft, resulting in excess sag, and preload was exhausted. Rather than going to a stiffer spring he offered the Hyperpro in a size which matches my needs.

I've always used single rate springs and was reluctant at first. I once had a progressive spring on my Ohlins (1150 GS) and swapped it out because the going in rate was too soft, but the bike jacked too high when enough preload was applied to eliminate the wallow.

Here I am giving it another go. Fingers crossed. Since this bike is a work in progress with the height adjustment and WP fork (I still can't test anything cause it ain't done), I decided to give the progressive another look. For the record, this bike will not be entertaining any rock gardens. I wan't a super smooth namby-pamby dual sport that I better not fucking crash. Too much work and way too pretty. A cush, but hearty traveler.

The spring is: Hyperpro 1381 designed for a KTM 690 SMC. (SP-KT06-SSB002). If you have a way to decepher an equivilent single rate spring, I'd love to know how it plays.
R-dubb is offline   Reply With Quote