View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 03:54 AM   #15
ERIC DN OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 416
MINSK :
Legendary motorcycle Vietnam, imported from the big brother Russian (Belarus I think) in 125 and 250 2 stroke, it was the unique choice, before the development of small Japanese motorcycles. Fortunately today all 2 wheels are 4 stroke. Hanoi is excessively polluted, I can not imagine with 2 stroke. We didn't see many of old Minsk. We had a 125cc 4 stroke with a Taiwanese engine.

An old one, 2 strokes

Regarding the gearbox, there are 5 gears, all down. The trap is once in 5th gear if you push down once again you pass in neutral. the first time it happens you are surprised, you say .. .. I get a false neutral, then you push down once again and then.........first gear ............Ooooouuiiiinnnnn says the engine. And as I didn't understand, I did it three or four times, before I realised the gearbox worked like loop.

You panic a little when it comes to slow quickly, especially with two drum brakes you wonder if it does not have to stop with your feet if you realy want to stop.

Regarding the chassis not much to say, I think my bicycle fork does a better job, if you added two bicycle pumps as rear shock and finally a frame that squirms like chewing gum in each courve.........

............... more basic than that, you die. Brief ............. this is a piece of shit and yet except a busted fuel filter and horn who wanted to live his life (unimaginable here to ride without) attached with a tape, no failure, phew ...

Despite all this we rode 1500km in the mountains of northern Vietnam, smiling every days.

ERIC DN is offline   Reply With Quote