View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 06:32 AM   #784
Boatman
Ride more, BS less!

Oddometer: 10,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrepre-neer View Post
Scott Dorrer caught me a few times before his tire went. His 390 was pulling away from me. Very nice bike and he was literally riding the wheels off it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locker43 View Post
......Boats, ride of the event.......

Braden,,,, It was good to meet you. This was my first time riding the 390,,,, bought it in November and didn't get a chance to get on it until Wednesday before race. I had a couple concerns about it after my last bike being a 525. I thought power in the sand was going to it's biggest handicap. That turned out to be a non-issue for the most part. When I caught you the first time I really had to pick the right corner to get by as I didn't have enough juice to make it happen cleanly on a straight.

Mike,,,, Thanks. I was bummed when I got that flat and even more bummed that I still had a stage and a fairly long transit between me and getting the tire changed. I didn't want to see DNF next to my name. What the 390 lacks in power, it makes up for with rideability for this type of event.

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is offline   Reply With Quote