View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 10:41 AM   #622
mort71
Apehangers

Oddometer: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaka View Post
It might be worth considering that 75/5s are getting quite valuable---unmolested ones that is. Rework the mirror holes and you hurt that value. You can make some very clean brackets that go forward from the existing mirror holes (tabs essentially) that will take any mirror you want. You just need one left handed bolt. Fifty cents from any of many fastener houses.

And then there are the mirrors that come off the headlight bolts and a number of barends. I liked the barends because I had a clear view, no looking at your shoulder in half the mirror.

I'm making a set of mirror stems for my RS because the factory mirrors are that bad (but look good). I'm destroying the existing mounts but new ones are only $18 a pair so I'll pick some up sometime and set them aside.

Thanks for the good info !!!! Going to get another OEM mirror, used or new or reproduction mirrors if anybody makes them ???? Being that my R75/5 is all orginial, low mileage, and never been molested with, we shall keep it that way and stock up on a few mirrors. Now for the smokin deals to roll in......
2004 Harley Sporty

mort71 screwed with this post 03-09-2013 at 03:56 PM
mort71 is offline   Reply With Quote