Old 12-06-2005, 09:45 AM   #7
AllEuro OP
Sausage Creature calling

Oddometer: 67
Thanks that is the info I was looking for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happe
Hi mate,

sounds like your rectifier has a problem. You will find the little bugger next to the battery. The strange thing with the cooling fins on it.
Measure if the diodes in there are still working.
Take a multimeter set it to ohms and measure between yellow and red in both directions.
One direction should give you no read out. Do this with all three yellow cables.
If one or more give you a readout in both directions you will have to get a new rectifier.

Also just FYI.
If your bike is at 3500revs you should have a charging voltage of 13.6 to 14.5 V. Even at idle the voltage should not go below 13V. Otherwise your connectors are corroded or something is broken.

Very common problem on KTM's is the main ground wire from the battery to the frame. Check if the contact is clean and tight.
If you need mor information give me a PM.

cheers

Stefan
The Battery is new and charged and I did rev the engine with no results or change in the output. I will do the diode check and look into the ground wire connections. Is there a test to see if the stator is putting out or is the fact that the bike is running confirm that the stator is making power?

Cheers,
Brian
AllEuro is offline   Reply With Quote