View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 01:30 AM   #2838
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt 82 View Post
I've been out, ya wimp!

You going to the Bike Show? I'll be there on Saturday.

Hi Matt........ yes, but you are a 'rufty-tufty all-year-biker' - we are just 'show-pony riding weekend-warrior power-rangers.

Actually we have been out riding a lot (Sarah & I)...but on the bicycles....
The gixxers are currently SORNED so off-road waiting for spring ...I can't see the point in getting them plastered in road salt (means hours of cleaning after every short run) and the tyres on mine are Michelin Power One's that are track/road tyres - great in normal conditions but shite in the cold temps (spinning up the rear all over the place).

I have ridden through many winters when I was young and my only transport was a bike ...and been 'down the road' on my ass due to ice on numerous occasions ..... it's a 'young mans game' - your bones heal up much quicker.

Still been taking the 'onboard' shots - but it's a bit different on a bicycle! Lol!

Clydeside a couple of Sunday's back....

ps. As for the Bike Show. Sorry. no, we aren't planning on going ...I have been many times over the years and it tends to be the same stuff most years so we only go every now and then these days (like if there is a particular new bike we want to see etc.) It's worth going if you haven't been before ..but if you have been dozens of times you start to get the 'been there got the T-shirt' kind of feeling. No new bikes this year to pull us in and make me feel it's worth the trip over to Edinburgh.

Kamchat screwed with this post 03-08-2013 at 01:56 AM
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote