View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 09:10 AM   #1824
doyle
RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer: 22,565
A couple of interesting tidbits for today:

First up is Peru in the weekly game of musical countries about whom there is question as to participation in 2014. Announcement is due from the ASO on March 20th, but so far, Chile and Peru have both been rumored to be excluded through their sporting ministers deny the rumors. My suspicion is that the rally will begin in Rosario, Argentina, head to Bolivia for the rest day and a couple of stages, then on to Chile before ultimately concluding in Lima, but that is my hunch.

Marc Coma is back, the Spaniard announcing that he will be in Abu Dhabi for the Desert Challenge and that he will spend the year developing a completely new bike for KTM to be debuted officially at Dakar 2014. Most likely fuel injected.

KTM Motorsport boss Pit Beirer has lobbed a shot over the bow of Cyril Despres. In a German interview with Speedweek,de, Beirer stated, (my interpretation from the Google translation) "Cyril plays poker quite well, but he must be careful that he does not overplay his hand. That's all I want to say on this subject."

Rumor is that Despres' demands are not insignificant, we'll see how badly Honda wants to win.

We may also have seen the last of Jacek Czachor on a bike at Dakar. Looks like his long time association with the Orlen team may see him move into cars with Marek Dabrowski as his codriver.

RallyRaidReview - @RallyRaidReview
doyle is offline   Reply With Quote