View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 03:25 PM   #1830
Dav101
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
The Ebay listing? That's Honda of Russellville Arkansas - a big boy honda dealer. Last year the day before Easter I was wondering around on the web and ran across an ebay listing from them on a CB1000R. It was a new listing and had to be a mistake with the price they advertised but I called them and inquired, and asked about their hidden fees. Long story short, after I got off the phone with them I went down to the garage and put their address in my GPS and discovered if I left at that very momement I could make it there with an hour and 6 minutes before they closed for the day. I stopped thinking and hitched up the trailer and grabbed what I needed, - only stopping for gas along the way from St Louis. Walked in their dealership 5 minutes before they were to close (I forgot to factor in stopping for gas along the way). I apologized but they were very accomodating, true to their word, - no extra fee's. They told me people drive great distances all the time to buy their bikes. They are the real deal and I can't say enough positive things about them. No shipping fee, no prep fee, no frivolous fees to add to the price they offer the bikes for. You just have to pay tax in your state.

Sometimes we do crazy things for our recreational toys.

Oh, and add me to the waiting list on the CB1100. My local dealer has an ABS confirmed for me. I've been following this thread since page 3. There just isn't any other place with lively banter going on about this bike. Count me out for the 4 into 4 pipes, I like it the way it was designed. If I were to make a change it would be for the chromed long front fender with bracing that is an accessory in Japan. I can appreciate how low the back end hangs to keep the road gunk off the exhaust pipes coming out of the front of the engine. (Much classier than attaching a chrome painted plastic Fender Extender to a real chrome plated fender) They make two versions, one to fit the ABS model.

edit: I was calling the fender extender a fender eliminator. Corrected.

Dav101 screwed with this post 03-08-2013 at 06:47 PM
Dav101 is offline   Reply With Quote