View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 04:59 PM   #149
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodovitch View Post
Great updates Jenny, just spoke to Timi and she is struggling to get decent wifi, seems like the place is swamped with hungry smart phnoes & laptops

Tomorrow is a 50km dune / sand / camel grass loop, once for the amateur class and twice for the pros.

It's on, good look to every inmate

Oh, and some fun trivia: apparently the roadbooks are written from the bottom up, so you have to scroll down instead of up. (the next tulip is above the one you're at). Bloody German orga .
This is all true!

Certainly a few year's ago it wasn't so much of a problem (although of course broadband speeds were correspondingly slower then too) with just a handful of people using laptops... These days, everyone has at least one smart phone, and that really does suck the bandwidth out of the wifi...

Fortunately almost everyone has gone to bed early tonight - and will do for the duration of the rally I expect, particularly if the 'severity' of the first day is anything to go by - so I have been able to upload a few more photos from today and the first of my personal reports - for the RMS/IYSK Wines team (below)...

As for the upside down roadbooks... that is just another of the German Orga's quirks - like bloody Rammstein blasting out of a PA system as an early morning call each day!

Jx
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote