View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 08:18 PM   #1
isaac004 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 705
Father and Son Death Valley Weekend Ride

You may have seen my other ride report of a father and son ride down the Continental Divide (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606301). Well here is another installment, this time a 3 day weekend ride around Death Valley National Park.

My Dad and I have been riding together ever since I can remember (started out with 2 up on his K bike when I was in grade school), and since he had never been to Death Valley I figured it would be a great idea to get him to fly out from Michigan and then take him out for a ride on the dirt to explore Death Valley. After all, dirt is the best way to explore one of the best national parks in the country.

We loaded up the trailer with my F800GS (to ensure that I would be limited in not riding to too crazy of places) and my WR250R (the smaller bike will better suit his non advanced dirt riding), and headed up the DV last Friday evening. With a quick overnight stop in Ridgecrest, we then unloaded at Panamint Springs on Saturday morning.

I'll also add this was perfect timing to try out my newly acquired camera, the RX100 (Thanks Lost!)

Day 1

The first loop was an easier loop to get him warmed up. We first headed out to Chloride City.

Next we went east in NV to Beatty for lunch and gas.

A quick stop in Rhyolite...

My Dad here on the way to Titus Canyon.

Here we are at one of the passes near Titus.

Both of us in Titus Canyon.

Next up, a quick stop by the Charcoal Kilns.

Finally, heading down Wildrose Rd back to Panamint.

isaac004 screwed with this post 03-09-2013 at 09:35 PM
isaac004 is offline   Reply With Quote