View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 09:20 PM   #3
isaac004 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 746
Day 3

The closed signs, per usual, out on Saline Valley Road. No worries here.

I love this Joshua Tree section.

Looking back at Saline Valley Road, from Hunter Mountain Road. Click on the photo for a larger view.

It was here I set my helmet on my mirror, then it blew off and rolled a few feet. If it rolled 10 more feet, it would have gone down a VERY steep hill, and I probably would have had to ride back helmet-less, unless I found a rope and anchor to rappel with. Watch your helmet!

Hunter Mountain Road was in great shape. No mud puddles, unlike last year at the 2012 n00b ride. No snow at all. Though I heard its raining/snowing this weekend/tonight, so that could change. I will be back there next weekend to check it out again though.

Coming down the other side. Again, click for a bigger view.

Can you spot my Dad?

LOST was here!

We then went out to the Racetrack and walked out to the Grand Stand to eat our second set of Trader Joes wraps. Perfect view!

The south end of the playa has the moving rocks. Unfortunately, some idiots still drive their cars/bicycles/motorbikes out there, and like messing with the rocks and tracks.

The Playa from a distance.

Last dirt stop is Ubehebe Crater. Click for a bigger view.

My Dad enjoying the view.

We then rode back to Panamint to load up for the drive back to LA. I rode VERY VERY fast,as you can see here!

Actually, my speedo just needs to be warrantied!

GPS Tracks, we rode 557 miles overall.

I have some Go Pro helmet shots that I have yet to upload, which will show more details on road conditions. Maybe I will get to that some day. All in all, a great ride!

isaac004 screwed with this post 03-08-2013 at 10:37 PM
isaac004 is offline   Reply With Quote