View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #2
Wind_Rider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
About Wind_Rider

When reading reviews on ADV I think it is important to understand the experiences of the reviewer so here is some history on my riding background.

I started riding bicycles at age 4 and removed my training wheels when I kept getting high centered. At age 5 my Dad brought home a Suzuki Grasshopper mini bike and I was instantly hooked. I rode motorcycles around the farm as a kid growing up in the Idaho Outback and started riding on the street at age 14. I have owned the following motorcycles:

Suzuki GS 400
Kawasaki GPz 550
Harley Davidson Sportster 883
Kawasaki KLR 650
Honda TransAlp 650
Kawasaki KLR 650 again
2006 Buell Ulysses
Yamaha TW 200
2010 Buell Ulysses
2008 Yamaha XT 250
and now
2012 Zero DS

I have riden over 250,000 miles altogether with only one accident that required a hospital visit and killed a motorcycle. I ride a motorcycle whenever there is not ice on the road and it can transport what needs to be transported. I live up 3 miles of steep rough dirt road so every ride involves dirt. I live in Idaho which is dual sport heaven for about 7 months of the year. I commute to work on motorcycles.

I have a family, a day job, and am in my mid 40s. I read ADV in the winter to get my fix virtually when there is snow and ice outside.
Wind_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote