View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #22
Bucket Boy
The other mechanic
Bucket Boy's Avatar
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Ridgway, CO
Oddometer: 434
Originally Posted by BlackHawkChief View Post
my brother an fellow adv (bucketboy) passed through there a few months ago

A U.S. Marine Corps permit is required for entry to the Barry M. Goldwater Range and is available from the Marine Corps Air Station, Yuma, Range Management Department (520-341-3402). El Camino del Diablo continues through the Cabeza Prieta National Wildlife Refuge. A permit from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Cabeza Prieta National Wildlife Refuge, Ajo, Arizona) is required to travel on the refuge (520-387-6483).
here you go
hope this helps

I work on the Camino del diablo every day. Easy sandy bumpy road. 125 miles across. You need a free card at the Cabeza office in Ajo and it covers all agencys. The road that is right on the border is off limits. And you don't need a flag. (ATV's do) This should be the last yr it's closed 3-15 to 6-15.
Bucket Boy is offline   Reply With Quote