View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 06:08 AM   #743
GP1200
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbrisett View Post
Took off my BMW Vario cases and put on the Bumot 45L panniers and 7L toolkit.

I have to say this is one of the most professional looking and easy to install sets of panniers I have ever put on. I did have to move the turn signals back so they wouldn't interfere with the toolkit, but Bumot provides standoffs and there is plenty of wire available, so it's just a matter of removing the turn signals and relocating them.

The project was easy to do and the panniers are built extremely well! I give them two thumbs up!

On the bike (without my H&B top case)

Finished project with topcase:

One more view:

Up to now, I had to slide my 17" notebook w/case into the H&B topcase, but these panniers will allow the computer to fit into one. The overall with is 46 1/2-in, and while tighter than before, I can still get the GSA through the gate without taking off either of the new bags.

Wayne
Sorry to be negative, but I don't think those are well thought out at a wide load of 46 1/2" !!. That's dangerous and I made the same mistake myself (with the exact same bike and Shine Yellow color )and switched to Micatech at 38 ". Jesse bags are also well designed in that department. When you get your first close call, you may agree with me. If you think you're clear and your rear bags hit something, it's gonna hurt. Nice bags though.
GP1200 is offline   Reply With Quote