View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 07:11 AM   #765
RC Pilot OP
Shut up and fly!

Oddometer: 5,233
Wow, that sucks big time. For what it is worth, when I did my last chain / sprocket replacement I also installed a Scotoiler. Makes a huge difference in chain life and smoothness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb57 View Post
Bike prep yesterday morning. Adjusted the chain. WAY loose. WTF. Get it perfect. Go for a spin around the block and hear a noise when coasting to a stop. Back home. Notice the chain seems tight??? Check chain alignment. Close, if not perfect. Rotate the wheel while on the stand. The tight spot is zero slack, loose the rest of the way around to the upper limit of allowable slack. Tight spot didn't match up with any spot on either sprocket. It does match the chain. I've somehow got a chain that's stretched 3/4+ of the way around.
Chain, I can find locally. However, not one Kaw dealer within 200 miles has the sprockets. Not one dealer of any sort has aftermarket sprockets. The big, multi-brand dealer that I bought the bike from carries ZERO sprockets of any sort for any bike.

To prevent this from going into my typical parts store rant/rage, I'll leave it at that. I am running out of reasons to continue trying to support the local guys.